Time 10 minutes
Difficulty Very Easy
A delicious sandwich for breakfast and fast food!Garlic, Tomato and Cheddar Sandwich
- 2 slices Brown bread.
- 1 clove Garlic.
- 1 Green chili.
- 1 Tomato.
- 5 long slices extra mature cheddar.
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil.
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice.
- Salt, to taste.
- Black Pepper, to taste.
- Toast the two slices of brown bread, until one of the two is not soft anymore (the second one can be).
- Rub the garlic clove on the hard piece of toasted bread, until only a little piece is left. Chop what’s left, and scatter on the bread.
- Cut the tomato in two, and crush each side on the same piece of bread. Then spread the juice, cut what’s left of the tomato, and put it on the bread.
- Add the olive oil, by being careful not to add more oil than there is bread.
- Add the salt and pepper. Slice or crush the chili, and scatter on the piece of bread. Add the lemon juice.
- Neatly add the slices of cheddar, then close the sandwich with the remaining piece of bread.
Tips, tricks and variations
If you prefer warm sandwiches, the same sandwich can be baked in the oven for a couple of minutes, until the tomatoes and garlic are half-cooked and the cheddar has melted (be careful not to burn it though !). Avoid the microwave.