Time 25-30 minutes
IngredientsChicken with Mushrooms
- 8 small white mushrooms (about 4 oz. total), cut into quarters.
- 1/3 cup chicken broth.
- 1/2 cup dry white wine.
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper.
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon.
- 2 frozen boned, skinned chicken breast halves (about 8 oz. each).
- 1/3 cup lucerne whipping cream.
- Chopped parsley(optional).
- In a 10- to 12- inch frying pan, combine mushrooms, broth, wine, white pepper, and tarragon. Add chicken to broth mixture, cover, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until meat in the thickest part is no longer pink; cut to test (15 to 20 minutes). Transfer chicken to a platter and keep warm.
- Add cream to cooking liquid and mushrooms in pan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Then boil, stirring occasinally, until the sauce is reduced to about 1/2 cup(6 to 8 minutes). Season to taste with salt.
- Pour mushroom sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.