Servings 24 servings
Time 20 minutes
Small, open-faced sandwiches, Bruschette make perfect appetizers. They are delicious and quick and easy to make.
Makes about 24 Bruschette.
- 1 long loaf crusty bread.
- 3 medium ripe roma tomatoes.
- 3 large fresh mozzarella balls.
- 24 fresh basil leaves.
- Coarse salt.
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- Cut Bread into 1/2″ slices on the diagonal.
- Lightly toast bread in the oven on both sides.
- Cut tomatoes into 1/4 inch slices and place one on each slice of bread.
- Cut mozzarella balls into 1/4 inch slices and place on top of tomato.
- Chop basil into thin strips and sprinkle on top.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
Notes, tips, and variations
An optionial re-toasting with toppings on will make the mozzarella melty and even more delicious.
Authentic Italian Bruschetta begins with rubbing roasted garlic cloves on the toasted bread slices.