Time 60 minutes
A simple, fairly easy chocolate cake recipe.
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil.
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate.
- 1c sugar (or 1/2 cup).
- 1 egg.
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda.
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 3/4 cup water.
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate pieces (such as chocolate chips).
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts.
- (Optional: 4 ounces cream cheese or sour cream).
- Put the oil and chocolate in an 8in (20cm) square pan and set it in 350°F (175°C) oven just until the chocolate melts (Add sour cream or cream cheese if desired).
- Add remaining ingredients, except chocolate chips and nuts, to the pan.
- Beat with a fork until smooth and creamy (about 2 minutes).
- Scrape the sides of the pan, and spread the batter evenly in the pan.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and nuts. Optionally, cut the chocolate chips and nuts into the batter to some extent.
- Bake 350°F (176.66°C if you’re feeling more precise than before) for 30 to 40 minutes, untill a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan; eat hot or cooled.